Terms and Conditions
1. Trip proposal. After we speak to you regarding your requirements, we will send you an email with all of the proposed details for your trip, including the location, dates, costs and group size, and the accommodation, transport and lift pass arrangements (‘Trip Proposal’).
2. Deposit. The Trip Proposal will request that you pay a deposit of $500.00 (or the balance of your booking, if it is less than $500) to secure your booking. We will confirm your booking by email after we receive your deposit.
We offer trips on a first-come-first-served basis and do not hold dates. If at the time we receive your deposit we are no longer able to accommodate your trip, we will offer you the option of either a full refund or credit towards an alternative trip proposal.
3. Balance Payment. We must receive full payment of all costs stipulated in the Trip Proposal by the payment date stipulated in the Trip Proposal. If we do not receive full payment by this date, we will cancel the Trip.
4. Payment method and currency. We only accept payment in Australian dollars, via electronic fund transfer into our nominated bank account. The Trip Proposal will include an invoice with payment instructions.
5. Changes. We will do our best to accommodate any reasonable requests for changes to your Trip Proposal after your booking is confirmed. However, we do not promise that changes will be possible and we reserve the right to impose additional costs as a condition of agreeing to any change. Changes will not be confirmed until all such additional costs are paid in full.
We are unable to accommodate any changes during the 60 days immediately preceding the departure date (inclusive).
6. Designated contact. Your group must nominate a single person to be our primary point of contact in relation to the trip arrangements. This person must have full authority to communicate with us on behalf of all group members. We will not make any changes to a confirmed trip without this person’s consent.
7. Unforeseen Circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel any trip at any time due to any circumstance unforeseen by us or beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation where there is inclement weather, dangerous or unsuitable snow conditions, or host injury / sickness.
8. Inappropriate or Unsafe Conduct. We reserve the right to cancel any trip at any time in the event of inappropriate, unreasonable or unsafe conduct by any group member.
9. Liability Release. All group members are required to read and sign a liability release approved by us by the date specified in the Trip Proposal. Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign. We will cancel the trip if we do not receive a liability release concerning each group member by this time.
10. Insurance. We must be satisfied, by the date specified in the Trip Proposal, that all group members have valid travel insurance covering them for off-piste skiing and snowboarding for the full duration of the trip. Otherwise, we will cancel the trip.
11. Refunds. If you cancel the trip before the payment date specified in the Trip Proposal we will process a refund of 75% of the total payments received. If you cancel the trip after the payment date specified in the Trip Proposal but more than 30 days before the start of the trip we will process a refund of the lesser of 50% of the total payment received, or the total payment received less $500. No refunds will be processed for cancellations within 30 days (inclusive) of the start of the trip.
If we cancel the trip due to non-payment of the trip costs (clause 3), we will not refund the deposit.
If we cancel the trip due to unforeseen circumstances (clause 6), we will offer you the option to either reschedule or receive a full refund.
No refund will be available if we cancel the trip due to inappropriate or unsafe conduct (clause 7), failure by a group member to sign a liability release (clause 8) or failure to demonstrate travel insurance (clause 9).
12. Backcountry skiing is risky. We strongly recommend that you do not engage in backcountry skiing without engaging a suitably qualified and experienced guide, familiar with the local area. Where we provide this service, either with our own staff or through other guiding companies, you must follow instructions from guides and take appropriate care at all times. If you engage in reckless activity, refuse to follow directions, or misrepresent your skill or experience, backcountry guiding services may be altered or terminated.
13. Discounts and Special Offers. Discounts and special offers are limited, and promoted on a first-come-first-served basis by reference to the date of full payment of the Trip Costs. If you are offered a discount or special offer and your preferred trip dates/locations are unavailable, we may offer you an alternative. This may be in a different season or at a different destination. You will have no Claim against us and we will have no liability to you, if the discount or special offer or your preferred trip dates/locations are not or are no longer available.
The Powder Project Ptd Ltd. ABN 18 601 147 82. firstname.lastname@example.org. Updated May 2017.